I hate the whole New Year’s Resolution shtick. We all know that more than half of the people that make them, never accomplish them. Most of them always end up having the same resolutions every year only to repeat the same pathetic cycle over and over again. I should know because I’m one of those people.
I’ve decided instead of making the same promises to myself, and making the same mistakes I’m going to do something different this year. Instead of making a ridiculously long list of things to accomplish this year, I’m going to make a list of goals to accomplish in my entire lifetime.
-These are in no particular order-
1. Graduate college
2. Save up for backpacking
3. Become a better photographer
4. Backpack the world
5. Have stories to tell
6. Find a job I love, or better yet become a freelance writer.
7. Finally take my bike and explore the countryside with it and photograph everything I see.
8. Take my dog to the mountains.
9. Create an instrumental playlist for my adventures.
10. Educate myself about the world and the things that happen in it.
11. Make a short film
12. Have at least one well known photograph
13. Take photos for NATGEO
14. Become better at cinematography, not necessarily as a profession, but for me.
15. Survive the school semester
16. RENEW MY PASSPORT
17. Stay true to who I am
18. Get Norman Reedus to sign my photography book.
19. Become more creative
20. Blog more frequently
21. Photograph more frequently
22. Travel for a living
23. Or become a Nomad
24. For at backpacking farms
25. Be full of wisdom
26. Get married
27. Have/adopt a beautiful child
28. Learn another language fluently
29. Have my future child understand and appreciate the world
30. Get baptized in the Jordan River
31. Visit the Garden Tomb
32. Finally know who I am